USENCRYPTION ENABLES THE UNCONSTRAINED PROCESSING OF ENCRYPTED DATA THROUGH INNOVATIVE FULLY HOMOMORPHIC ENCRYPTION METHODS DISCOVERED BY ITS FOUNDERS. That fills an old security gap for Data in Use, allowing Data Owners to encrypt their confidential data, and process that encrypted data without constraints or having to decrypt it first.
This innovative technology enables the secure sharing and monetization of valuable confidential data (e.g. medical records, genome data, financial information, etc.) through a new Encrypted Data as a Service model (EDaaS) where Data Owners keep full control and ownership of their data, never exposing it unencrypted.
USEncryption has the potential to accelerate data migration to the cloud and unleash tremendous opportunity to share and utilize confidential data for machine learning, medical research and much more.
Dr. Claudio Chamon is Professor of Physics at Boston University and an elected Fellow of the American Physics Society
Dr. Eduardo Mucciolo is Professor of Physics and Chair of the Physics Department at the University of Central Florida
Leandro Veltri is an experienced executive and entrepreneur in finance and technology
We are hiring!
• As a Data Engineer, you are part of a small and dynamic team building a pioneering privacy-preserving solution to deliver Encrypted Data as a Service, through a new patent-pending homomorphic encryption method
• You obsess about data, product and customer
• You adhere to the best industry practices and establish ownership of data science projects
What You Will Do
• Work with potential customers to solve complex data science problems and anticipate their needs
• Design use cases and work through them to completion to achieve Proof of Concept
• Manage data science projects to meet customer’s vision of success
• Translate customer’s experience into internal requirements for improving product
• Document design, code, benchmarks, Proof of Concepts, etc.
• BS in Computer Science or related field; MS or PhD in related field preferred
• 1+ years of industry experience in a data science role a plus
• Some experience building predictive models using machine learning algorithms
• Fluent with scripting (Python /R); experience with other Object-Oriented languages a plus
• Experience with distributed platforms e.g. Hadoop or Spark a plus
• Excellent communication, organizational, and problem solving skills
About our company
USEncryption solves a long-lasting security problem for Data in Use, allowing Data Owners to encrypt their confidential data and process that encrypted data without constraints or having to decrypt it first. This innovative technology enables the sharing and utilization of valuable confidential data (e.g. medical records, genome data, financial information, etc.) through a new secure Encrypted Data as a Service model (EDaaS) where Data Owners keep full control and ownership of their data, never exposing it unencrypted. Our USEncrypt solution has the potential to accelerate data migration to the cloud and unleash tremendous opportunity to share and utilize confidential data for machine learning, medical research and much more.
ENCRYPTION IS THE MAIN DEFENSE TO SECURE ALL TYPES OF DATA:
DATA AT RESTDATA IN TRANSITDATA IN USE
But only Data at Rest and Data in Transit can be easily encrypted.
encryption for Data in Use can still be a gap in data security.
NEED: ENCRYPTED DATA IN USE
KEEP CONFIDENTIAL DATA ENCRYPTED AND SECURE AT ALL TIMES, EVEN WHILE PROCESSING IT IN A VULNERABLE ENVIRONMENT
AVOID ANY EXPOSURE OR POTENTIAL BREACHES OF THE ACTUAL UNENCRYPTED DATA, COMPLYING WITH THE STRICTEST OF REGULATIONS
ENHANCE DATA SECURITY AND TRUST THE CLOUD FOR HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL DATA
SOLUTION: USENCRYPT LIBRARY
USE REVERSIBLE COMPUTING TO OBFUSCATE A COMBINATION OF BARE FUNCTIONS AND ENCRYPTION/DECRYPTION OPERATORS.
BUILD HOMOMORPHIC ENCRYPTION FUNCTIONS ONCE, THEN OPERATE AS MANY TIMES AS DESIRED OUT OF A MODULAR LIBRARY THAT CAN:
OPERATE ON ENCRYPTED DATA, OR COMBINE ENCRYPTED AND UNENCRYPTED DATA IN A SECURE WAYSCALE TO PROCESS BIG DATA ON THE CLOUD BENEFITING FROM COST AND PERFORMANCE EFFICIENCIESSERVE AS A BUILDING BLOCK TO BE USED WITH OTHER LIBRARIES
SHARING OF GENOME DATA FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES WITHOUT EVER COMPROMISING PRIVACY OR EXPOSING THE UNENCRYPTED DATA
BENEFITS INCLUDE THE DEVELOPMENT OF NEW DRUGS AND TREATMENTS TO PREVENT OR CURE HARMFUL ILLNESSES
USENCRYPTION CAN BUILD TRUST BY KEEPING GENOME DATA ENCRYPTED AT ALL TIMES, UNLOCKING LARGE POTENTIAL FOR MEDICAL DISCOVERIES
USEncryption Awarded Competitive Grant from the National Science Foundation
goal to keep data encrypted – private and secure – even while in use
Orlando, FL, 15 October, 2019 – USEncryption has been awarded a National Science Foundation (NSF) Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grant to conduct research and development (R&D) work on Enabling Computation on Encrypted Data on the Cloud and Beyond. This patent-pending solution was born from the research work of Professor Eduardo Mucciolo, of the University of Central Florida, and Professor Claudio Chamon, of Boston University, in the areas of quantum information processing and quantum computing.
USEncryption solves a long-lasting security problem for Data in Use, allowing Data Owners to encrypt their confidential data and process that encrypted data without constraints or having to decrypt it first. This innovative technology enables the sharing and monetization of valuable confidential data (e.g. medical records, genome data, financial information, etc.) through a new secure Encrypted Data as a Service model (EDaaS) where Data Owners keep full control and ownership of their data, never exposing it unencrypted.
“NSF is proud to support the technology of the future by thinking beyond incremental developments and funding the most creative, impactful ideas across all markets and areas of science and engineering,” said Andrea Belz, Division Director of the Division of Industrial Innovation and Partnerships at NSF. “With the support of our research funds, any deep technology startup or small business can guide basic science into meaningful solutions that address tremendous needs.”
“Data is the most valuable resource in the world today and needs to be protected through encryption at all times; we are filling the last gap in data security for Data in Use, which can accelerate data migration to the cloud and unleash tremendous opportunity to share and monetize confidential data with privacy and security for machine learning, medical research and so much more,” said Leandro Veltri, Co-Founder and CEO of USEncryption, “We are very proud to participate in the NSF SBIR program to further enhance our scientific method and take it to market.”
Once a small business is awarded a Phase I SBIR/STTR grant (up to $225,000), it becomes eligible to apply for a Phase II grant (up to $750,000). Small businesses with Phase II grants are eligible to receive up to $500,000 in additional matching funds with qualifying third-party investment or sales.
NSF accepts Phase I proposals from small businesses year-round. Small businesses with innovative science and technology solutions, and commercial potential are encouraged to apply. All proposals submitted to the NSF SBIR/STTR program, also known as America’s Seed Fund powered by NSF, undergo a rigorous merit-based review process to select roughly 1 in 10 applicants.
# # #
For more information contact:
Leandro Veltri, CEO
About USEncryption: USEncryption solves a long-lasting security problem for Data in Use, allowing Data Owners to encrypt their confidential data and process that encrypted data without constraints or having to decrypt it first. This innovative technology enables the sharing and monetization of valuable confidential data (e.g. medical records, genome data, financial information, etc.) through a new secure Encrypted Data as a Service model (EDaaS) where Data Owners keep full control and ownership of their data, never exposing it unencrypted. For more information, please visit www.usencryption.com.
About the National Science Foundation's Small Business Programs: America’s Seed Fund powered by NSF awards $200 million annually to startups and small businesses, transforming scientific discovery into products and services with commercial and societal impact. Startups working across almost all areas of science and technology can receive up to $1.5 million in non-dilutive funds to support research and development (R&D), helping de-risk technology for commercial success. America’s Seed Fund is congressionally mandated through the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program. The NSF is an independent federal agency with a budget of about $8.1 billion that supports fundamental research and education across all fields of science and engineering. For more information, visit seedfund.nsf.gov.
WE WILL CONTACT YOU SHORTLY
• What data do we collect?
• How do we collect your data?
• How will we use your data?
• How do we store your data?
• What are your data protection rights?
• What are cookies?
• What types of cookies do we use?
• How to manage your cookies
• Privacy policies of other websites
• How to contact us
• How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
USEncryption collects the following data:
• Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, LinkedIn username, Twitter handle, etc.)
• Business information (Company name, Business sector, etc.)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide USEncryption with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
• Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
• Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
• Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
USEncryption collects your data so that we can:
• Process your order and manage your account.
• Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
When USEncryption processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
USEncryption securely stores your data for a maximum of eight years. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data.
USEncryption would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop USEncryption from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the USEncryption Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
What are your data protection rights?
USEncryption would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request USEncryption for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that USEncryption correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request USEncryption to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that USEncryption erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that USEncryption restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to USEncryption’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that USEncryption transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
• Keeping you signed in
• Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
• Functionality – USEncryption uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
• Advertising – USEncryption uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. USEncryption sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that USEncryption has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.